Friday, June 09, 2006

The Week In Perspective

This week was an ok couple of days. It rained alot, I think today was actually the only day that the sun actually came out for more than 2 hours. Since it is approaching hurricane season we will definitely have a lot more rain. I am not so sure if it is a good or a bad thing. As a result of the constant rain I am not able to go jogging/walking for all of this week and have to resort to walking on the treadmill-which sucks ass.

Anyhow on the topic of work: It wasn't too bad, but could have been better. Next week I am going to try and meet my target, plan ahead and be a little more prepared for each day so I can accomplish what I need to get done for the week. This will help me to increase the number of targets that I have.

I am also very excited about going to Negril this Independence weekend which is August 4-7. I can't wait, I think it will be "wicked". Hopefully I get to see all those people I used to hang out with that went abroad for college. Plus they are having some parties that they use to have a couple years ago that was really good.

Apart from booking my room and being all excited, I got A's on my last 2 exams which is really a nice surprise since I didnt expect to get it. So now I am 4 for 5 in the A's department, not so sure I will do that well on the most recent exams I did (Economics and Marketing). I really dont think that exams truly reflect how well someone can use the information from the course in the real world. I didnt think i was gonna get A's because I didnt attend that many class and understood very little from those that i went to. Dont get me wrong, I am happy i got the damn A, but i am sort of curious as to how. There are other individuals who go to all the classes and get B's. So I wander about that. This semester though I plan to go to all my classes and try to grasp as much of the material as possible and be a little more responsible. I think my classmates think i am fickle since i dont go to all the classes like they do, So this semester I hope to show them that i cam just as responsible. I guess because its an MBA programme and most of the students are older than I am, they think i am not serious about the programme but I am. I hope to take away as much as possible from the experience.

As I am writing this, I am thinking that maybe I am rambling alot, but I guess I am just I am unloading all that happened this week.

I learnt alot about people and how they behave. I think that the more I try to trust people the more they let me down and the more cynical I get. I have totally given up on guys and have decided that I am just going to do what feels right at the moment. I think this week has made me less willing to be in a relationship because of the expectations that I have of people and how easily they tend to dissapoint. So i am now re-evaluating getting serious with someone or giving them an insight into my soul.

No comments: